Sunday, July 18, 2010

Making time for "life"



I find it hard not to work all the time, it's a bit of a family trait that has been lovingly passed down. There are always a dozen projects on the go that need my attention but I have decided this summer to try and take time to enjoy the Island's weekend festivals and events and natural beauty like the beach. Yesterday afternoon after a few hours of work on the farm and the babies nap we attended the Kinkora Somerset Festival antique tractor pull and we had a great time. This afternoon after a few hours of tomato trellising and weeding we headed to Lower Bedeque to my grandparents cottage to introduce the boys to the big blue ocean. Jake headed right on in like a trooper and was loving it until a wave started pushing him around. Ben was much more timid but after a few minutes he also was enjoying the warm water. We had a great time. I can't wait to take them back.




No comments: